Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Finally, Aubree can have a BATH!

Here is Aubree yesterday as we were waiting to get her central line out. Yes, she got it out yesterday! We got a phone call on Tuesday from surgery wanting to know Aubree's medical history. Someone from the bone marrow team forgot to call us and let us know that she was going to have it taken out yesterday. I didnt care as long as she was getting it out! She also went to every two week appointments. We are so excited about that also. She is moving up and getting so much better.
I found this picture of the first time she had her line replaced and I couldnt believe the difference! It was a week after she got out of the hospital for her transplant at end of May, so a little over 4 months ago. It was before she was diagnosed with Graft vs Host and I remember checking in for this and having her throw up while I signed papers for the surgery. I had her on my lap holding the emasis basin with one hand up to her mouth and the other hand with a pen signing the papers. The girl checking her in was so impressed that I was doing it all. She looks so sick here, I cant believe that I never saw how sick she was while she was so sick! I am just so thankful that she is so much better and it happened so quickly!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! Little Aubree looks fantastic! I haven't seen her in a few months (I think the last time I took care of her was when she was running a fever and I kept you both up all night long checking vitals!). Congratulations on this big step!
    -Jami (ICS nurse)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I just saw this! I can't believe it happened a week ago. So exciting! That's great she can also just go in every two weeks. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Firstly, its great news about Aubree!
    I am a student at the University of St Andrews, Scotland and I am currently doing a research project on the role of online blogs for individuals impacted by cancer. I was wondering whether I could talk to you about your opinions.

    I hope that my research will promote online blogging as a critical resource and increase its awareness.


    Please email me back if you would like to take part.



    Thanks in advance :)
    Laura
    Lke2@st-andrews.ac.uk

    ReplyDelete