Thursday, December 15, 2011

normal???



Sometimes I think that we are normal. I am use to not being able to go to the grocery store with all my kids, at it is so nice to not have to take them all, and not going all that many places. At times we start to feel normal. We forget about what Aubree went through, we still think cancer everyday, but its normal because we have been thinking cancer everyday for a year. I do think we do go some days without thinking it, but with still having to give Aubree medication everyday, we still think about it a lot. We were getting causal of where we would take her and we enjoyed going out as a family.

It wasnt till Aundrea's recital for Kindergarten that I realized that we are not normal at all. My sister needed help at her house, and so my mom wanst able to come up at watch Aubree, so my husband and I decided that we would just take Aubree with us. I walked in and was a little uneasy, but it was all grownups and very few children. Then the school started to file in, and I started to panic. I know that some of those kids were sick, and I didnt want Aubree around them. I had a mask in my purse out of habit and I put it on fast and got up and went to the back of the room. I was disappointed to be at the back of the room because all of our pictures an video of Aundrea are not good. Aubree got a runny nose the next day and I know its because of being in the school with all those kids. So we are not feeling normal again, and are more careful of where she goes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still horrified when Andrew's next to someone who sneezes. I let him play with "other" kids, but I'm absolutely sure that's why he almost always has a runny nose. The "not normal" feeling--I'm sure it'll come someday. I'm still waiting. I think I'm learning that it takes years for things to really sink in sometimes.

    ReplyDelete