Saturday, May 7, 2011

Graft vs Host

It has been a rough week for Aubree. She has not been feeling good since the scopes that were done. She has stopped bleeding but she is no longer processing anything in her stomach. She throws up all the bile that she makes. When she was on feeds through her NG tube she would throw up. They stopped the feeds, and then the pressure of everthing in her stomach made everything come out of her NG tube. So she is no longer putting anything down her tube but it is being used for a drain. This is nice because at least she isnt throwing up anymore.
They have done a number of tests, including 18 biopsy's from her intestinal tract. Everything has come back normal. The only thing that didnt was a little bit of inflamation in her stomach. With her not being able to move anything in her stomach to her small intestines, with her cell counts dropping and with everything else that is going on they have decided that she must have graft vs host in her stomach. They have started her on steriods to help with this and put her on an IV version of her rejection drug. (she also is not absorbing her medication in her stomach well) These two things should help her to be able to start processing things in her stomach. The steriods make her very aggitated and she is not very happy. It could be a long couple of weeks for all of us!

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry autumn. That sweet girl deserves to be done already. I wish I could make everything better for you. Please know you are always in my prayers and have been in my thoughts alot lately. You are one amazing mother and such a great example to me. I hope today is a special mothers day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad! I hope things go well for you guys in the next little while. It was nice to see you at church. I'm sorry I didn't get to actually talk to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn, I am so sorry! It is so frustrating and sad to see her hurting and so sick. I am so sorry you're family is dealing with this. I hope that her recovery comes quickly. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating....it really never ends hu? All my love is coming your way. As always, if I can help let me know. Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn I am so sorry to hear she is not doing well! It will be a long week for you and your family. I was thinking you were headed home for good. We will continue to pray for her to make a speedy recovery. We love you and your family. -Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah! so sad to hear this. poor girl! i'm sorry you are stuck back in the hospital again. we are praying lots for you and sweet "baby aubree" (that's what elena calls her in her prayers :)).

    ReplyDelete