Sunday, May 1, 2011

Back in the Hospital

Aubree has been throwing up blood this week as I mentioned before. Thursday she it was a lot and I called clinic, but I just couldnt bring myself to take her up there again, just getting out on Wednesday. So they agreed to just let me watch her and check on on Friday. Friday came and she was doing fine, then Friday night came and she started throwing up a lot of blood. So Saturday morning I called the BMT Doc on call and they wanted me to take her in and have a blood test run to see what her numbers were. Her numbers were good, so just as a precaution they decided to give her platelets hoping that would help with what ever was bleeding. They also started her on a new medication that is a lot of fun because she cant have any medication two hours before and after taking it. Good luck with that, I thought, she's on so many medications that its hard. But with a little juggling of her meds, we made it possible for her to take it 3 times a day. We went home and I was so happy that we didnt have to stay, I really hate sleeping there and having to stay. I LOVE being home. Last night I went to go change her diaper, and to my horror it was full of blood. So I was on the phone once again with the Doc's. This time Aubree won a bed on the ICS unit. They wanted to get more blood and see if her numbers had changed much from the morning. They hadnt but they still wanted to see if she would poop more blood and so we were there for observation. She has pooped blood every time since. Also her numbers this morning have gone down 3 points. So we are not going anywhere. Tomorrow she will have a GI consult and a scope on both ends to find the bleed and see what can be done to get it under control. We will stay in the hospital because there is always the chance that she will start to bleed a lot and will need emergency help. I would prefer her to be there just in case that happens. So we wont know much till tomorrow about what is going on.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man Autumn Im so sorry. She has been through enough already and deserves to be home and stay home. I hope they find the cause soon so they can get it taken care of fast. I am always thinking of you guys and that precious little girl of yours. I just want to squeeze her everytime I see her she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man! This stinks! Thanks for the update. Please let us know how things turn out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. What a sweet little girl. I loved seeing her smile today, even though she's definitely not feeling good. We're really praying for some relief to come your way. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you guys. Sorry to hear all of this crazy stuff going on. Please let us know if we can help with anything, meals, cleaning, watching the other kids, etc... Love ya ~Linds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. I fasted for Aubree yesterday. I hope that they can find the source of her problem. I hope you get some sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are pulling for her and you. I hope they can stop the bleeding soon. Lots of Love. Tara

    ReplyDelete