Monday, February 14, 2011

We are HOME!

We came home yesterday! It took forever to come home, but it was so worth it. The Dr's came by and said that her monocites were going up and she had an ANC so we could go home. We were really surprised because Saturday they said it would be 4-5 days before we were going to be able to go home. After we were told we could go home, we realized that she had an antibiotic due at 2 and that home health would never be able to get the medicine out to us in time. So we had to wait for her to get that before we could go home. Then when the nurse tried to give her her medicine in one of her lines, it wouldnt work. It had a clot in it. Thankfully she had two lines, so one got the antibiotics in it and the other a really strong anticoagulant in it. Usually it takes an hour or so to get them working but it took 5 hours! We just wanted to go home! Its so weird because it seems that we always take forever to get out of there, but I see people leave at 10 AM. I dont know how they do it! So we are home, we are still on two antibiotics, and this time we are using a pump for one that runs over 2 hours. Its a pretty straight forward pump so I am feeling comfortable to get it. She also has a number of other meds that she is on. I had to upgrade from a basket holding her stuff, to a box. I feel so bad that she has to take so much, but its all necessary. I can only imagine what she is going to be on when we come home next time! But we wont think about that we are going to enjoy being home. I was able to go outside today and visit with some of my neighbors and it was just so nice to feel normal and not have the nurses as my source for conversation!

5 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for a little while now. Aubree is such an adorable little girl. I think about you and Aubree every time I am up on the ICS unit at Primary Children’s. Being a member of the kids crew volunteer team is an amazing experience and I am always amazed at how well children are able to handle such difficult medical problems. I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! That's a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day!!! Welcome home. Hopefully I'll see you sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's day for your family! That is such good news! I am glad you can start to feel semi-normal. I mean really in our family normal isn't really possible! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you get to be home for a while. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete