Friday, March 25, 2011

Day +15

We are 15 days out from transplant, its hard to believe that I have been sitting in the rocking chair for that long. Aubree is doing better, her mouth sores are getting better and she seems happier. She stopped throwing up blood and that helps calm the nerves. She is still throwing up several times a day, but I can deal with that. She will probably be nauseated for a few more weeks, maybe months from what I understand. Her white counts keeps playing with having numbers. But slowly it is starting to be .1 more than 0, so maybe soon she will start really producing all the cells that her body needs so she wont have to have a platelet drip and blood transfusion every other day!!

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is, "Wow". This has been such an amazing process - slow and hard. But you guys are getting through it and despite how difficult it sounds, it also sounds like things keep going so relatively well. I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 days! You are amazing. I am glad things are starting to improve for Aubree. I was so sad to not come into ICS yestserday. I wish i could have seen you guys. Next time we come you'll probably be home. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 days seems like a long time! I hope it isn't that much longer before her counts go up and you can head home. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, Aubree is going through more than anyone should have to. She has a good family helping her.

    ReplyDelete