Thursday, March 3, 2011

Transplant round

watching her brother and sister in the bath tub wishing!We are back in the hospital again. We were admitted on Tuesday at 5AM, and Aubree started chemo at 6 AM. She is doing good still, we started her on a second nausea medication yesterday and that seems to be working. I am sure that we will have to start all three again here soon, but for now she is good. She is not showing any side effects yet, but it usually takes about 7 days, and she is on day three.
This round is different than the others. They started her out with antibiotics right off the bat, they also have her on a calorie count. I stopped breast feeding her so now she is on formula and that is a different monster all of its own. I dont think that the dietitians like me much. I hate not having control over what my child eats, and everyone telling me what they should and shouldnt eat and how much. I am sure that I will get over it, its only 6 weeks right?
We had so much fun at home, its so sad to be back in. Aubree learned how to army crawl and by the end of our time home, she loved to just play with her brother and sister. We did opt for the 1960's crib because its a LOT bigger and she can play around in it so much better, since I never put her on the floor to play. Heres to wishing that everything goes well, even though I am pretty sure that she will get really sick this time also.

6 comments:

  1. Always thinking of you and your family. Wish you the best! Love you lots Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5am holy moly that is EARLY!!! I still really don't understand why they want you to formula feed. It would seem like breastfeeding would be better. This whole cancer thing really does take a lot of trust doesn't it? Hey thanks for always being the trailblazer for all of us. I'm really hoping she'll just breeze right through transplant. Some of them do, you know, so who knows? :D We'll keep praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn you amaze me! I love the pictures and can tell how much your family loves being together! Keep us posted on the progress and transplant. We love you and you are always in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel when you say she watched longingly while her siblings bathed without her. It really was awful not being able to shower/bathe Erin for 7 1/2 months. It is so nice now to just put her in the tube without tubes and an aquaguard. The end is near! You guys are really doing great. I hope that she doesn't get sick right off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to see you when you were home. Looking forward to that becoming more permanent again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck this go around!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete