Thursday, March 31, 2011

Do we know what we have?

Today I left my room irritated by Aubree's nurse, and saw some of my friends in the hall. After talking to them I found out that one of my friends daughters was not doing good. Earlier today she slipped into a coma, and the Dr's are doubtful that she will come out. Some of the moms had talked to my friend earlier and she asked if mothers with babies really know what they have?. And I had to think, even though I am going through hard times, my daughter is making it. She is winning the fight, do I know what I have? I have two healthy children, and the other is on her way to being healthy, do I know what a blessing they are to me? It kind of puts things into perspective for me. I am in my room having a pity part, and down the hall a daughter is loosing her fight. The problems that I have are not big, I need to look for the good things in all people, in all the nurses, and spend my energy in good things, in enjoying my children. My heart goes out to my friends family at this time, my thoughts and prayers are with them.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Autumn, this news about Kim is absolutely heartbreaking! But, you're post is beautiful - thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very blessed! We love you and will pray for your friends as well as Aubree.

    ReplyDelete